Thursday 21 June 2018

Experiment III: Model Development and Progress

This was the initial idea, stemming from the floor plan of Zaha Hadid's Vitra Firestation. Troy suggested elevating/lifting the structure off the ground to make it a bridge so I went ahead and did that.


Here, I elevated the model, getting rid of large amounts of the ground components, having it essentially floating as a bridge, connecting the international house, the round house and the square house.

Troy further suggested to place the model over/overlapping the roundhouse and the parts the mode is bridging. So, as you can see, I shifted the model over the roundhouse, making a clear triple directional bridge connecting the three houses. 


I also extended the stepping/platforming bridge, and idea Troy suggested that I really liked: a bridge that didn't necessarily have to connect and that allowed the bridge-passers to step off and on themselves. Essentially, a bridge similar to an old platforming video game. 




This bridge was also inspired by Zaha Hadid's conceptual drawing for the Vitra Firestation. As you can see.


And this is my initial test Lumion render. In addition to this, I created a secondary bridge, using the office spaces and meeting rooms (arranged in the square shape) to bridge the roundhouse and the international house.

No comments:

Post a Comment